Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lets the party get started!

One thing which I can't get use to in Pakistan is Parties... Rember when I was 12-13 years old, I used to attend or organize 'parties' with my friends which looked something like that: we gether to one place, we have small snacks from a local shop (or in best case moms made food), we get some cold drinks (pepsi, for example), cool music and the party ready to go!
Now, imagine the same with people who are over 20s... I'm not trying to make fun of those people; for God sake No! I just want to illustrate what I see happening around.
From one hand it is very cost effective way to have fun. Also it is good for health! But the problem for people like me that we can't really enjoy such parties... I have to mention that there are 'advanced' pakistanis who can 'drink' and smoke up! Which makes them even more pathetic... (from my point of view). Or maybe I'm saying it only because I have my own antipathy for easy drugs. However, from one year experience in Pakistan I made a conclusion, that pakistanis don't know how to drink. By saying that I mean the atitude they have then they are drunk and the reason they getting drunk. Of caurse I'm not a role model as well and there is nothink cool in that. But the thing is that they traying come up with something (like copying western living style) but they not good in that.
There culture has nothing to do with alcohol - so don't! Before coming here last year I was afraid that I will stop drinking... I didn't, because I was living witg other foreigners.
All in all I hope we all will find our own way to express ourselves...

Protect your kids from drugs and alcohol...

1 comment:

MYSTIC said...

I am in total agreement. Never try to hard to be something you are not. I will backfire on your face when the shoes are too big to fill.