Saturday, December 5, 2009

Role Model

How cool is to have a hero who inspires you to do something more then you would normally do... in this story I will call such people not hero’s (not because Batman and Spiderman doesn't exist) but 'role models'. As far as I remember myself, I always had role models around me. Not sure if I chose them wisely - that could be commended by you... So I started my collection as all normal kids having father as a role model. Later I became more and more independent from parents and more influenced by local friends in the street. I always wanted to ride bike faster then kid from 4th floor, catch bigger fish then my cousin in village, score more points playing basketball with older guys in the yard! And God is my witness; I was practicing to reach their level! Remember those summer days when I used to wake in early morning because of lousy moms hair dryer which she used to use before going to office and loud Tv with cartoons which my sister was watching before going to kindergarten... As soon they leave, I used to get up, make few sandwiches and go practice with my bike and basketball before other friends join me late noon...
Another tremendous impact on my life was done by AIESEC. Here I found many inspiring people whom I wanted follow and believe. However today I started to think if I'm really happy what I did to myself... I was surrounded by so many people whom I couldn't be so that now I don't know if I'm good even at one damn thing…

2 comments:

Vaida said...

Andriuk, one very wise man (you know him very well :)) used to tell me - (rephrasing) Don't try to become someone else. You are YOU, and there is no other person in the whole world similar to you. Don't try to compete with others - try to compete with YOURSELF, improve constantly. There will always be people who you admire. But there are also (especially younger) people, who admire YOU! So be yourself!

Miss you! :* :)

Andrius LC Siauliai said...

Hi Vaida!
Nice to see you here : )

To comment on your comment (is it grammatically correct to say?) I have to say that I need to get out from Pakistan and stay for some time in Lithuania, at home, just to realize how much did I change...

Looking forward to go back. It might be sooner than I was planning initially...