Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bye bye party

People usually think that parties and being in the center of attention is something natural for me. Today you going to find out about me something new!
The days are running out and the date of my departure coming closer and closer. In whole AIESEC career I attended many "Goodbye parties" and "Welcome parties". This time it was all about me and I had big dilemma should I organize something similar or not... The truth is that I don't like to create attention to myself. Quite difficult to explain why it is so, but it is simply me.
Anyways, I decided that I want to meet all my friends in one place in Vilnius. I wanted to remember how they look, all random jokes which can be understandable only between us and so on... One evening chatting with my very good friend Sandra she told me: "You have to organize "Goodbye party" with all your friends in order to remember the reason why should you come back to Lithuania after internship". And she was so damn right!
I really didn't expect that so many people will come to say "bye" before my leaving. Yesterday I realized that I have very good friends around me and I can count on them whenever I need it and of course I'm always ready to do my best for them. I'm going to miss you all and the time which we spent together. I hope that all good moments still are in ahead.
The party started as usually and as I'm not perfect in logistics and screwed up with location : ) But thanks to Vytenis and Vija who came to the pub "Grasas" worried me that this pub is closed and they found a new place and even reserved the tables. After couple of beers we became overcrowed and we decided to move to MC flat. This flat has seen the best parties ever! Last night was not an exception. I honestly tried to enjoy each moment with all people who attended the party. Sorry if you didn't get my attention enought. Just let me know about that and I will figure out how to compensate it : )
Naturally after such long and hard night I fall asleep in Denys' bed. Poor girl was kicked out from the bet (as always) and didn't let her sleep. But thanks for taking care of me. She is the one who always make sure that I'm ok... Well, finally she will have one year with a calm and sweet sleep.
During the party I made a small trick with my guests. As I wanted to make sure that the same people will come to my "Welcome Party", I organized a whishlist where all party delegates had a free will to write anything what they would like me to bring from Pakistan for them. So if they really want small presents - they will have to meet me again. When I read all whishes which were written on the napkin I started to smile. Where were all kind of wishes: earing, wrap (from cashmere!), a bullet, a wepon (AK47), food, football t-shirt and so on... I will try to make my best to fulfill all requests.
There is one more thing which I wanted to say: I'm very thankful fot the book with all your best wishes for me and photos in there. I couldn't wait till I'll be back at home to read so I started to read your whishes in the bus. I guess I looked quite strange in the bus by sitting and smiling alone. This is not what lithuanians usually do (sadly). I was so much into reading that I even missed my bus stop. But from the good side, I had a nice 10 min walk with warm and small Lithuanian rain over my head...
My new adventures going to start soon. Can't wait to be in Pakistan!

No comments: