Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wavetec

Wavetec is the name of the company where I'm going to work for one year.
I was told that we are going to be 3 interns from AIESEC who will work for this company. One guy already started his internship. His name is Tobias and he is from Argentina. So I couldn't miss such an opportunity not to write him an e-mail. From the reply I received, I understood that my choice was right and I shouldn't be worry anymore.
It is really great to know that company gives lots of space for your learning and what is most important, in my mind, they strust you.
'Wavetec is a medium company, with headquarters in Karachi and offices in Lahore, Islamabad, China, Dubai, Sharja (UAE) and Saudi Arabia and distributors/resellers in near 20 countries of asia, Africa and Europe.' That's what I was told by Tobias, my new colleague. I think me and Tobias will get along. I believe in that even though we have never met before. I made such conclusion because of one sentense he wrote in his e-mail. Let me quote it: 'Well, again I hope your visa doesn't take long, meanwhile be patient and drink a lot of beer because that is something we don t do much around here…'
Yeah, I'm really going to miss that. But it is ok. As I wrote in my previous post - I will survive. Not a big deal!
Now more importanly is to get to know our competitors and do my homework before coming to Pakistan. I want to impress my employer from the first day of our meeting. I guess all of us are trying to do that... This is atleast what I was tought by older people.

No comments: